Saturday, April 30, 2011

Late Snapper afternoon--

I had spent the day wondering the forests of Springbrook National Park, trekking to waterfalls and just all round adventuring. I arrived at Purling Brook Falls and it was flowing! but flowing a little to much, the water was spraying out sideways and the only available spots for taking photos were getting drenched. So I had just walked 4km to get there and now had to keep going, and for this you have to pass behind the water fall, I am currently sick so this was a bit of a pain, but I did it and came out the other side damp. I walked 20m away and it started to bucket down. I should have just stood under the water fall... Now a 4km hike in the rain and mud back to the car and with maybe two or three photos.. Great.. Oh well I had to do it.

 Just my luck, when I got back to the car drenched, it stopped, maybe mother nature was trying to tell me something. So I got off the mountain quick smart. Coming down I could see the Gold Coast and could tell dusk was gonna be good. So I darted to Snapper, and with the high tide and the clouds out to sea and the sun just giving enough light from behind the hinterland I was able to get to work. Here are a couple. Pretty stoked now I didn't just go home after mother nature kicked my ass. 

 The sun just beginning to set 

Snapper doing its thing behind the rocks.  

The sky just seemed to be getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment